Monday, May 12, 2014

To sleep, or accomplish?


Originally posted-Wednesday, June 9, 2010

To sleep, or accomplish?


My basic nighttime routine has now become this: 'last' feeding at 11pm, then "do things" (shower, laundry, snack, prepare bags for Stroller Strides/outing for the morning, email, pay bills, etc.) till 1:30am. Then wake up (not by choice for all of you childfree readers) between 6-7am.
This is not... ideal. I was going to say 'smart', but it would be equally dumb to not pay bills and not shower as it is to live on 5 hours of sleep on a consistent basis. And 5 hours of light sleep at that, as many moms can attest. One rogue snore from one of my daughters and my eyes are open. Even just moving an arm can wake me, I swear. "What was that!!?? Is Zoe suffocating in her sheets?!"
I guess this is the mark of a caring mom, so I should feel reassured.
But mostly... I just feel tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment