Monday, May 12, 2014

Nursery Loves Company


Originally posted: Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nursery Loves Company


I dropped my oldest daughter off at school the other day, and settled into the passenger seat of my minivan for a nursing session with my youngest daughter. I had 20 minutes until I had to be at the park to teach Stroller Strides and I was determined to relax and fill her belly with milk.
I am always a bit anxious when I nurse in the car. If I park in a clandestine spot, will people think I'm up to no good? People hanging out in their cars is always odd. If I park in a out-in-open spot, I have to worry about people walking past and giving half a wave before scurrying off once they see partial boob.
So, as I settled in to nurse in my car for the first time in the parking lot of Zoe's new school, I was hoping no one would judge me--- either for what they saw me doing, or for what they guessed.
Then, I looked over, and in the minivan next to me, in the driver's seat... a mom nursing her baby.
We didn't acknowledge each other-- I think we just happened to notice each other at different times.
But I could feel the motherlove. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment