Monday, May 12, 2014

Eye Patch for Little Girls... no elastic needed!


Originally posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012


My 4.5 year old daughter has astigmatism, and at her annual exam Monday, we were told the left eye needs a stronger prescription.  GAH.  This girl had to wear glasses at 3 years old and now they aren't even improved!?  No matter.
The doc said we need to start patching her right eye 45 min per day and the left 30 min per day.  She needs to color, string beads, writing--any hand-eye coordination.  (Using the mouse on the computer, anyone?)  ;)
Anyway-- I went to Target to find a patch at the pharmacy--- $6 for a pack of 20 disposable!  I'd read moms who say kids HATE these because they really hurt coming off.
So, Google.
I found this woman who made a pair for her daughter that goes RIGHT on the glasses!  No annoying elastic to fiddle with--and best of all---she could make it fun and pretty looking.

I just finished making one for Zoe and she was all about it.

You can use the same patch for each side--just turn it upside down.  Love this!
And it cost me $1.89!

Need:
1 piece each:  black, hot pink, green, pastel pink felt + 1 button, thread, needle, scissors







CREDIT:  I followed this woman's blog post to make this:
http://lucykatecrafts.blogspot.com/2008/02/eye-patch-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment