Monday, May 12, 2014

Just like me, anyway, Asshole.


Originally posted- Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just like me, anyway, Asshole.

I want to be like classic sitcom characters and be loved not only in spite of, but because of my annoying personality.  Take a moment to think about how these people would play out in real life:
  • Monica:  She made you use a coaster and she knew if you had moved something within 1/2" of it's actual resting place. 
  • Joey:  An idiot and a womanizer.  (What a winning combo!)
  • Jerry:  Commitment-phobe who backed out of any situation where his friends truly needed him.
  • Kramer:  A mooch and a knucklehead.
  • Carrie:  Whiny and makes the same mistakes over and over again and is still confused by her life and what choice to make next.
  • Roseanne:  Obnoxious, polarizing, mean.
  • Jules:  Control freak, wino, competitive, rules don't apply to her, but she applies them to everyone else.
  • Elaine:  Bossy, rude and heartless.
  • George:  Loser.  Always makes the wrong decision.  Whiny.
I love all of these characters.  Do we love sitcoms because these guys do and say what we can't?

Will I ever be embraced for being a hard ass?  A nag?  A control freak?  Correcter of grammar?  For pointing out my friend's flaws?  For giving people a hard time?

I love the total acceptance of these people on TV in their little circle of friends.

The thing is, I have actually mellowed WAY out in the last 10 years, losing my sitcom-ability status.  I liked being thought of as a hard ass.  Even a bitch sometimes.  I guess I'm losing my edge.

Now, only my husband and children get to enjoy all of my lovely qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment