Monday, May 12, 2014

How to swaddle a newborn


ORIGINALLY POSTED FEB 2013

How to swaddle a newborn

I just YouTubed "How to swaddle a baby" and was disappointed by the videos for a variety of reasons.  (The #1 reason was almost all of them were swaddled WAY too loose to "count" as swaddling.)

Check definition #3:
swad·dle  (swdl)
tr.v. swad·dledswad·dlingswad·dles
1. To wrap or bind in bandages; swathe.
2. To wrap (a baby) in swaddling clothes.
3. To restrain or restrict.


Anyway--- as I sit here pregnant with #3, I realize for the amount of friends I showed my version of swaddling to we should have a made a video by now.  

We swaddled baby #1 til 7 mos and baby #2 til 9 mos.  We swear by it, and while we know everyone has different things that work, hope this video helps you swaddle if you're planning on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment