Monday, May 12, 2014

Space saver: Replace closet door with curtain


Originally posted: Friday, March 23, 2012

Our girls share a room right now, and my youngest is insistent on sleeping ina  big bed--- so she crawls into her sister's, and her sister comes to us... so!

We are saving up for a twin bed  & mattress, but meanwhile, I thought I'd really maximize the space, so I have started some projects around the room.

This was one of them---- take off the closest door, and put up a curtain.  Now I can put two beds in an L shape.  If I had done that with the door on, it would only have opened halfway or less--getting caught on the corner of the bed.

Tension rod= $4.99 Target
Fabric= $4.02  80 inches at Hobby Lobby (go for the satin, it's cheap!)

I sewed hems up the sides, then made a casing for the rod, then hemmed the bottom-- done.
Took 35 mins.

If you want it to touch the ground, I guess get around 85".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment