Monday, May 12, 2014

Do better


Originaly posted: Saturday, March 5, 2011

Do better

I have a temper.
It gets especially red hot if one of my kids is emotionally hurt.
Like if Zoe kicks Teagan and Teagan gets that really sad scrunched up baby-crying face.
Or when Zoe pushes Teagan down to keep her away from her favorite toy and my husband comes and takes the toy, but doesn't comfort Teagan.
I also get angry when I have had to tell my husband the same thing 643 times.  Every Thursday is Pizza Night and every Thursday he asks what temperature to set the oven to.  I realize this is not a big deal-- I don't know why it makes me so annoyed.

I want to do better.  I have read that to implement any new behavior takes 21 times.  I seem to get to 2-3 and then backslide.  Our brains are wired to respond in the way we've been responding for years.  21 times sounds easy, but it's a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment