Monday, May 12, 2014

Chosen Family


Originally posted- Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chosen Family

I am designing an application for entry into my Chosen Family.  Okay, just kidding, but that would be pretty cool--- imagine, with each new family addition, they had to apply for acceptance.  Actually, I'd likely be the first NOT accepted in my family.
But, see, then I could start right away building my own Chosen Family!  No years of struggling as a black sheep--just move right on to find your tribe!  No years of feeling unheard only to realize they don't want to hear about anyone-- they just want to play pretend!  "Jeez, Emily!  Stop having feelings, please!  It's awkward and we'd rather talk about real estate or someone's benign accomplishment, thank you."
  I was picked with 9 others in my college degree program--after an extensive process.  And I was actually more compatible with them than anyone in my family.
I don't know... might be a good idea, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment