Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Make mistakes

People say this a lot, but it isn't often rewarded.

I really hope my kids aren't too afraid to make mistakes.  The sooner you dive in, the quicker you get life lessons under your belt.

Sort of in the same vein... I wish someone had said to me, "you don't have to pick one thing... Do a lot of things!"  I really felt pressure to do one thing really well.  That just isn't how I'm built.  I do lots if things fairly well.. And I'm happier doing a few different things.

It took me years to figure it out.  After staying home with my babies (still doing this) and pinching pennies, I have done so many things do it yourself that I've learned all humans can do a lot of stuff well... We are just sort of conditioned now that we need an expert for everything. Not so.  Try... Make a mistake.  Try again.  Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment