Sunday, May 26, 2013

Diaper sizes


It is always a struggle when you're pregnant to figure out how much of what size diaper to stock up on. Maybe this will help you decide. I would say start out with at least 100 size 1 diapers. That should last you 10 to 14 days. You average 8 to 10 diapers a day in the beginning.

My kids were generally in size:

newborn for one week
size one until six weeks
size 2 until four months
size 3 until 12 months
(using Pampers and Target brands)

If you already have a good stash, and people are wanting to get you diapers, suggest size 3. Most kids will be in this size diaper for the longest amount of time. Of course, if you have a really tiny kid my advice will not be good.

For reference, my three kids were all born almost 9 pounds, by one month were all around 11 pounds, and by two months old between 12-14 pounds.  (My middle child was 14 lbs. 7 oz. at two months!)

No comments:

Post a Comment