Saturday, September 13, 2014

Charoset recipe


Charoset is something we make in Passover... And every Passover I remind myself I need to make this more often! It's so healthy and delicious.

It's not really a spread or a dip but it's sort of both, so let's call it a sprip... Because that's too fun if a word to pass up.

You can make this in less than 15 minutes and it keeps for a week.  Flavors intensify after a day.

I used to only make it with Granny Smith apples, but then they were out if organic and I tried Pink Cripps apples and it was extra sweet and yummy.  Or try 5 differnt kinds!

5 organic apples, mixed variety 
1 cup raw almonds
1 tsp cane sugar (optional, but good if you're using Granny Smith)
1 tbsp lemon juice plus zest
1/4 cup manishevitz blackberry wine

Chop apples in food processor two at a time, empty into a bowl
Chop almonds in food processor with lemon zest
Mix all ingredients into a bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment