Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Daughter Needs Glasses

Difference between 1st kid and 2nd...
When my oldest got the diagnosis that she needed glasses, my 2nd was maybe 6 months old and I was wearing her in the Moby wrap and the (shitty) eye doc said, "Oh, yeah, it's worse than I initially thought, she'll need to wear glasses all the time."...
and I couldn't help it, my voice got all cracky and I was fully crying trying to ask him questions while simultaneously trying not to wake the baby and wipe up my snot.
I was upset-- I thought "I breastfed, she's supposed to be immune from everything!"
I felt so upset and I couldn't stop crying... and the doc was an ass...
Now, my middle child needs glasses.. I'm like, "Okay, cool! Pick some cool frames that you'll lose in two months and let's get the hell home for nap time, yo."
I seriously remember feeling like a tragedy had happened to me when Zoe needed glasses--- it took me a few hours to realize it wasn't a big deal in the big picture. I think it's just scary when someone tells you something is "wrong" with your child and you didn't even notice a sliver of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment