Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Too many arts and crafts?

It's too much.
I love all this stuff my kids are doing in school, I really do, I love it.
But if I think about 54 years worth of arts, crafts, writing, and everything else – which is how many years combined my three kids will be producing things while they are living here---and all I see are episodes of "Hoarders". 

I forget where I first heard the suggestion to take pictures of your kids' stuff and then put it together in an album. Brilliant.
So this is what I have been doing.

My oldest just finished kindergarten, and my middle who is 3 years old just finished her first year of preschool. Even only going two days a week I cannot believe the mountain of stuff she created.

I know there are sites specifically for this, but I'm sticking with Shutterfly because that's where I have all of my photos since 2003, and I love their albums.

My dining room table is where I lay everything out, and then using my iPad mini snap a shot. I haven't made a Shutterfly photo book yet out of it, but I guess I just will aim for every 2-3 school years. I just keep one album in Shutterfly labeled "Zoe'sschool portfolio" and another labeled "Teagan's school portfolio".

Clarification:  So...yes.  After I take a picture, it gets recycled.

Here are some of the recent things I snapped:



1 comment: