Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Preventing the summer slide

As much as I wish it, my almost six-year-old is not inclined to pick up books on her own and start reading.

Her school is awesome, and has sent home a lot of materials for them to work on over the summer. She also just learned to read this year, so it's more important than ever that she keeps it up over the summer so she's ready for first grade.

I made her this little chart as an incentive to go do some of the work and read some books every day.

My hope is that she finishes one chart a week at least, that way she's doing about three things a day, which really only adds up to about 30 minutes a day at most. Anything else is a bonus.

I also figured out how to check out library books on my iPad because she's much more excited to read on the iPad.


No comments:

Post a Comment