Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bye, bye Maternity

Yesterday I had my last postpartum visit. Ever.
I can't believe it.  That's it.
Three children is the right number for us, I know it, I feel it, but it's still sad.
I'm moving into the next phase of my life, out of maternity and into... I don't know.

I will really miss my birth center and my midwives.
I got them these really fun bags on Etsy, and burned them CDs of music I listened to while I was in labor, and filled the bag with snacks.


I am excited that my family is complete. I love my three children both as my children and as people, I think they are going to add goodness to the world. I'm excited for new adventures will get to have as they get older and we don't have a baby who needs to nap, nurse every two hours etc. But right now I love this stage, and I love having a small baby.
I just hope that in my future there will be new moms with little babies that are generous enough to let me hold them and won't be too weirded out if I get a little teary.

No comments:

Post a Comment