Thursday, May 26, 2016

Detox day 5

Started off feeling positive.

Also, I noticed I've woken up at exactly the same time every morning.

7:00am
6:59am
Or 7:01am

Kind of cool... No matter when I go to bed.  I think my body needs exactly 7.5 hours of sleep... That seems to be the sweet spot.

I got angry and down again this afternoon... I don't want to keep this up after day 7 but then I found out with Repairvite you're really limited. I'm going to take it one day at a time, but ultimately... If I need a cookie as a treat to mark my progress, I'm going to do it. Because the alternative is giving up completely in anger.  So... One day at a time.

From day 1 til this morning I lost 4 pounds.  Stomach still feeling a bit bloated at nighttime but not during the day.

Sticking to potatoes, smoothies, and guac wraps.


2 days left, baby.
The only thing pushing me is I'm 2 lbs from my prepregnancy weight 9 years ago.  I lost a lot of this (45 lbs) on my own but I'm coming the final stretch here.-- I was originally hoping to lose 50 lbs.

I feel like living this way is a bit joyless.  I feel like I'm in the outside of life in some ways. It is amazing how not drinking coffee suddenly puts you on the outside.  Or not taking a pretzel your 3 year old offers you when you've been trying to get him to share.

So, it is teaching me about recognizing the percentage of whole foods I'm truly putting in ... as opposed to having some at every meal- like, what is accompanying those whole foods? Processed boullion? Processed crackers? Processed almond milk? Even if it's fresh bread-- the flour was processed, on and on.  But ultimately, I think we have to find our own way, and I don't think eliminating all kinds of processed foods (this includes Whole Foods brand unsweetened almond milk and everything) will work for my family, and frankly, I don't want to eliminate all of them.
But I definitely want to be more mindful.  I thought we were eating so healthy, but we can be doing even more to add whole foods-- truly whole, not just what we think is a whole food.  I used to think "processed" meant anything in a box or bag-- but I get it-- I mean truly anything that has been processed in any way needs consideration-- is it worth it.  (Sometimes,for me, it will be!)  But less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment