Friday, May 13, 2016

7 Day Detox

In 3 days, I am starting a 7 day detox as prescribed by my holistic doctor.

I am nervous-- I want to do this- but I love food!  I figured if I blog about it each day my chances of success are greater.  So, follow along if you'd like.

I'll share with you a brief recap of how I got here--but please keep in mind I am a layperson and might not be explaining it all as articulately or accurately as my doc did.

After looking at bloodwork, saliva, urine, heart monitoring, body composition, visual exam, and talking for about 30 minutes, Dr. R took all that information, compiled a report and we met back a week later.  The results were this:  I have nutrients in my urine (which means I am not absorbing them), my adrenal glands are burned out, and this is affecting everything from my thyroid, to my cholesterol (281 on a  vegetarian diet) to my energy, libido, leaky gut, and ability to lose weight.

The solution?  Well, I avoided a traditional doctor's advice on this one, because they seem to treat all the symptoms.  I want to treat the actual cause.  And I really do not want to go on medications at 36 yrs old.  In that sense-- what does anyone have to lose by trying a natural way first?  For me-- nothing to lose and everything to gain-- so here we go.

The plan is to go on a 7 day detox challenge--- 

  • Only fruits and vegetables for 7 days-- no nuts, no beans, no coffee-- nothing but fruits and vegetables-- no limit, eat as much as you want
  • Dry skin brushing daily (I hadn't heard of this but apparently it is really a great aid in release of toxins)- I bought this, but there are much nicer ones
  • Tongue scraping (also aids in detoxing instead of swallowing much of it back down)- I bought this one
The goal of the detox is to eliminate all animal products and processed foods for 7 days.  Dr. R. also gives a few other things to do to detox spiritually (breath work/yoga/unplugging technology/meditating, etc)-- and asks that you pick 1-2 of these to do each day as well.  He said the average person also loses 5-7 lbs and a lot of it is toxins that were stored in fat.

So... we shall begin Monday!

I'll post this weekend with all of my preparations if you'd like to follow along.

EDIT: Won't be starting yet... you have to go into the doc on day 3 and couldn't get a soon enough appt, so will be starting May 22. Stay tuned!  Two appointments come after this so you can see what comes next/at the end.




  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment