Sunday, April 19, 2015

Zowen

Yes-- my 2nd grader has a celebrity mashup couple name... what?

I'm not 100% excited about writing this as a blog post, BUT... I don't want to lose the story, either.

Zoe helped me at a PTA event today and Owen was there with his dad.  They spent 3 hours chasing each other around.  At various times Zoe came to report back to me...

Zoe:  Owen kissed me!
Me:  What!?  Did you want him to?
Zoe: No!
Me:  Well, tell him he cannot just kiss you without permission, it's your body!
Zoe: Okay.
Me:  Where did he kiss you?
Zoe:  The arm.
Me:  Oh.

(later)

Zoe:  Owen won't stop chasing me!
Me:  Well, then stop running.
Zoe:  But if I stay still, he'll REALLY get me!

(later)

Zoe:  Owen said he loves me.
Me:  What did you say?
Zoe, "I said... "okay".
Me:  Good answer.
Zoe:  Then he said he wants to marry me.
Me:  And you said?
Zoe: "Oh my gosh."
Me:  (laughs)
Zoe: And he said we can have babies but they have to have his last name.
Me:  Isn't his mom a doctor that delivers babies?
Zoe: Yes.
Me:  That's probably why he's thinking about babies.
Zoe:  I really don't know who I'm going to marry.
Me:  That's good, why would you know at 7, anyway?
Zoe:  I guess it's decided then.

No comments:

Post a Comment