Tuesday, December 23, 2014

At this time

Note to self...

Don't try to to make your life something it isn't only because of what other lives look like immediately surrounding you.

It would be like skipping around in a book instead of reading the story as it unfolds.

I have 3 young children. I have friends with no kids... With 1 kid just starting the parenting gig... With kids way older than mine.  I can't be on their chapter, I need to be in my chapter.  My chapter has 
Title free time, no nights out, lots of mess, wiping and exhaustion. I can't be bogged down with pressure to be glamorous while simultaneously always having clean laundry or helping with homework, then breezing out for a drinking night out with girlfriends.   For me, it's too much.  I don't have the resources to make that work without feeling burned out.

For many years I tried to hang on things I did before parenthood...not to lose myself..  But, for me anyway... The journey of being pregnant and birthing three PEOPLE was exactly that... A recreation of identity.  I know more now than I did at 27 when I became a mother.  Of course I am different... If I wasn't i would have failed to grow.

I'll embrace this chapter, for, as long as it feels (8 years running so far), I will be in a new chapter soon enough.  No need to rush and try to live two chapters at once.  Let me embrace where I am, what I have, and what life is NOW.  Then I'll see what the next chapter's got for me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment