Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekly Theme Dinners

We are a vegetarian family of 5-

Vegetarian recipes... I have posted some of my favs here on my blog-- everyone loves Southwestern Eggroll night in my family of five.

For me, everyone got less complainy when I solidified theme night-- so we do:

Monday- Soup night (lentil, split pea, black bean, matzo ball, barley, chili)

Tuesday- Taco Tuesdays  (make your own at the table)

Wed- Splitsies-- adult meal the kids hate for the adults, treat for kids (veggie nuggets, mini pizzas)

Thur- Brinner (they love eggs, bagels, hash browns, frittata, etc)

Fri- Stir Fryday (I coined this fun term-- we do brown rice, snap peas, broccoli, water chestnuts & peanuts in Whole Foods Teriyaki sauce)

Sat- Leftovers

Sun- Eggrolls or try a new recipe

Some substitutes I do are:  falafel pitas, pizza, pasta night, hors d'ouvres night

My first grader's  FAVORITE lunch by far, is an apple, cut in half, the core scooped out with a mellon baller, fill the holes with peanut butter, then rubber band it back together.  (Push in a few chocolate chips for a treat).

I'm going to try HARD to remember to do a blog post of each day for more detail.  Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment