Saturday, June 14, 2014

Veggie wraps


These are my new favorite. It's just homemade hummus with shredded purple cabbage, carrots, and kale.

Hummus:
In crockpot, cook dried chickpeas for 3 hours
Using about 1/3 of them, put slowly in food processor, the. Add about 1/4 cup oil, much salt (keep tasting), 5 garlic cloves, 1/8 cup water... I really do this by Tate each time and never measure any if this, it's a guess.  Hummus should be served at room temp.

Wraps are the in the deli section

In the wrap, spread  hummus all the way across to your desired thickness (this will also work as the glue)
Add veggies that you've shredded in the food processor , wrap it on up

My kids don't like all the veggies, so I just make me pick at least ine to add: Orange, purple, or green? I ask. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment