Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day, Seth


HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, SETH!

I always say it's better to grow up with no example than a bad example... I created my own idea of what a dad should be--- a mish mash of friends' dads and TV dads... and now I get to be married to that wonderful mish mash. Seth, thanks for being a dad that's knee deep in the everydayness of parenthood with me. Thanks for getting it.
I complain far too much, but we haven't had ONE night apart from each other since becoming parents--- and maybe 10 date nights in those 7 years--- who would blame either of us for crankiness? Thanks for doing life with me. And thanks for being -- to our kids-- the type of dad I wanted.
I love you so, so much.
You are the best possible dad for this family and do so much for all of us, and much of it is the stuff no one wants to do.
You’re my favorite person in the world even if I’m hard on you. (Sorry.)
I love you.

Love,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment